Overclocking Noob Requires Advise on overclocking-unlocking

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by DVS__DVIT__INC, Sep 13, 2004.

  1. Overclocking Noob Requires Advise on overclocking-unlocking
    as the title suggests i would appreciate any advise regarding reliable
    sources for overclocking settings for this particular setup. i have searched
    but i have limited time to do extensive searches, so i would really
    appreciate anyone who could point me in the right direction i would like to
    get 3000mhz outta this baby as the web and manual suggests,

    My flatmate has his A7N8X-X with AMD 2500+ running at 3000mhz and is stable,
    however when we attempted to apply the settings to mine the most i could get
    was 2400mhz.
    Computer Specs:

    windows XP pro (i stupidly put SP2 on without reading up on it, but working
    full time for a prick doesn't leave me me with much money or time to do the
    things i want to do, like getting my comp working better)

    CPU: AMD XP 2600+ current speed 2083mhz
    Motherboard ASUS NForce Chipset A7N8X2.0 Deluxe
    RAM: 1 x 512 400DDR
    1 x 256 (not sure on Speed)
    CD ROM: Cyberdrive CW99D 52x24x52 master udma2

    HD's: 1 x 120 GB 8mb cache Western Digital ide0 master udma5
    1 x 120 GB 2mb cache Western Digital ide0 slave udma5
    1 x 30 GB 2mb cache barracuda ide1 slave udma5

    Nvidia geforce fx 5200 128mb

    a web page link to settings would be sweet... or any advise
    thank you,
    Danny

    --

    DVS__DVIT__INC

    This e-mail (including any attachments) contains confidential information
    and should be read only by those addressees for whom they are intended. The
    views and opinions expressed in this e-mail are the author's own and may not
    necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Anyone Mentioned in the above
    message. No responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage incurred
    through use of this e-mail.

    Unauthorised reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
    distribution and/or publication of this email or any part of its contents is
    strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify
    the sender or immediately, and delete all copies.

    DVS__DVIT__INC, Sep 13, 2004

  2. DVS__DVIT__INC

    BigBadger Guest

    Your flat mate is either mistaken or is 'having you on' there is no chance
    of overclocking a XP2500+ to 3000MHz with anything short of refrigeration,
    dry ice ot LN2 cooling.
    Fact is with standard air cooling you have done well to get 2400MHz
    stable.... be happy.

    BigBadger, Sep 13, 2004