Overclocking performance surprise

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Q, Sep 8, 2003.

  1. Q

    Q Guest

    I bought an XP2400 recently, but couldn't get it anywhere near my XP1800
    DUT3C (at 226 x 10).
    I have to concede some surprise.
    Am I likely to do any better with a 2600 or even a 2500 Barton (supposed not
    to o/c so well).

    TIA

    ----------

    Epox 8RGA+ : N/B with Slim Volcano + 2.0 v-dd, S/B with Zalman NB32J +
    19CFM
    XP1800+ DUT3C - 226 x 10 (2255 MHz - P95 solid) with Volcano 9 + 32CFM -
    1.975 v-core
    2 x 256 OCZ PC3700 : 8 3 3 2.0 Dual Sync
    Gigabyte Radeon 8500 DL - 308/600 + 32CFM
    Maxtor DM9P (8MB) - 32CFM
    Vantec Nexus 4-channel fan control
    Air - 36/63C
    3DMk03 - 1,576

    Q, Sep 8, 2003

  2. I bought an XP2400 recently, but couldn't get it anywhere near my XP1800
    Is the xp2400 a 166mhz or 133mhz bus chip ? Some mobos need a bridge
    mod to change the default speed and allow higher fsb clocks.

    rms

    Roger Squires, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Q

    Q Guest

    133, but the Epox 8RGA+ is a late NF2 board.

    Some mobos need a bridge

    Q, Sep 8, 2003
  4. Q

    Bugman Guest

    The 2500 is very overclockable. With the proper memory and cooling many people have them running as a 3200+

    Bugman, Sep 8, 2003