Overclocking Possibilities - I am a Newbie

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Rob, Feb 4, 2005.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Greetings to everyone....this is my first time at overclocking. I have read
    a great deal of documentation, NG discussions, manuals, etc. and at this
    point the overclocking concept is let's say, "mentally abusing me", LOL. My
    question is "does my equipment have decent possibilities of overclocking?" I
    have provided a list of my equipment and I apoligize if I've over done it or
    left something out.

    These components are items I replaced/and, or installed:

    1. Thermaltake Silent Boost K8 80x80x25 mm cooling fan and heatsink. I have
    6 additional cooling fans that were included with the 420 watt power supply
    and Raidmax case.
    2. Turbo Case X-Pider TM2000 Thermal Monitor

    MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE, Rob.

    This list was compiled from SISoftware Sandra:

    CPU Properties:
    CPU Type AMD Athlon 64 3500+
    CPU Alias Newcastle S939
    CPU Stepping DH7-CG
    CPUID CPU Name AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
    CPUID Revision 00000FF0h

    CPU Speed:
    CPU Clock 2199.62 MHz
    CPU Multiplier 11.0x
    CPU FSB 199.97 MHz (original: 200
    MHz)
    Memory Bus 199.97 MHz

    CPU Cache:
    L1 Code Cache 64 KB (Parity)
    L1 Data Cache 64 KB (ECC)
    L2 Cache 512 KB (On-Die, ECC,
    Full-Speed)

    Motherboard Properties:
    Motherboard ID Soltek -K8T800Pro-6A7L1SN9C-00

    Chipset Properties:
    Motherboard Chipset VIA K8T800Pro, AMD Hammer
    Memory Timings 2-2-2-5 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)
    Command Rate (CR) 1T

    SPD Memory Modules:
    DIMM1: Corsair CMX512-3200XL 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM
    (2.0-2-2-5 @ 200 MHz)
    DIMM2: Corsair CMX512-3200XL 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM
    (2.0-2-2-5 @ 200 MHz)

    BIOS Properties:
    System BIOS Date 07/12/04
    Video BIOS Date 03/10/23
    Award BIOS Type Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Award BIOS Message REV W1
    DMI BIOS Version 6.00 PG

    Graphics Processor Properties:
    DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX
    9.0c)
    Video Adapter ATI Radeon 9800 XT (R360)
    GPU Code Name R360 (AGP 8x 1002 / 4E4A, Rev 00)
    GPU Clock 412 MHz (original: 412 MHz)
    Memory Clock 364 MHz (original: 365 MHz)

    Sensor Properties:
    Tsystem 52 °C (126 °F)
    Tcpu 25 °C (77 °F)
    Taux 30 °C (86 °F)
    Tgpu 48 °C (118 °F)
    Fcpu 4750 RPM
    Vcore 1.47 V
    V2.5 2.58 V
    Vio 3.18 V

    Rob, Feb 4, 2005

  2. Rob

    Browser Joe Guest

    No offense to the op, but, why are you not satisfied with your system?
    It's seems pretty kick ass to someone like me with a cruddy sempron
    2400+ (which btw is like a tank, no probs at all)...
    Just being curious, maybe you're from quebec? The quebecers I know all
    like to stick it to the man! lol

    Browser Joe, Feb 4, 2005

  3. Rob

    Rob Guest

    LOL....I'm not dissatisfied with my system. It's just that I got to reading
    about OCing and was interested in what it's all about and what would I be
    able to do with this rig.

    I don't get personal on the WWW, but you ask a straight forward question so
    I have to give you a straight forward answer......I'm disabled and about the
    only thing I can do is mess around on the computer a few hours a day (not
    all days). So I do a heck of a lot of reading and experimenting... ie -
    downloading different kinds of software and testing it out. LOL, you
    wouldn't believe the number of times I've crashed out and had to start from
    scratch with a fresh install of XP. My wife swears I tear it up so I can
    have fun trying to fix it. :)

    Anyway, that's pretty much why I'm interested. Out of all the material I've
    read about OCing, I have yet to find something that says "here's how you
    overclock, step 1... step 2... and so on.

    Thanks for your response, Rob.

    Rob, Feb 4, 2005
  4. Rob

    Carl Guest

    Try www.custompc.co.uk for a guide. They printed a guide in the magazine a
    while back.

    Carl, Feb 5, 2005
  5. Rob

    iamnotme Guest

    Try here (OverClockersForums) ... this my place for getting the latest &
    greatest news and info.
    I noticed they don't have a "soltec" forum though, but here it is...
    http://www.ocforums.com/index.php?

    Another great resource ... nforcers forums (they do have a Soltec forum) ...
    http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=39&sid=30c1ecfe19e229999914b4969c708c85

    happy clockin'

    iamnotme, Feb 5, 2005
  6. Rob