    settings without worry, or is there specific settings I need to
    know?

    Also how much of a difference will it make?

    BeSerKa2, May 23, 2005

  2. BeSerKa2

    Conor Guest

    It isn't 100% safe. You're running it above spec which means it also
    runs hotter.
    Not very much on a MX440.

    Conor, May 23, 2005

  3. BeSerKa2

    BeSerKa2 Guest

    But does it run faster?

    BeSerKa2, May 23, 2005
  4. BeSerKa2

    RaceFace Guest

    Overclocking an MX440 is like giving a moped more power. It'll technically
    be faster, but will you notice, and will it make any difference? Not
    really.

    RF.

    RaceFace, May 23, 2005
  5. BeSerKa2

    smoove Guest

    Jut buy a faster card.

    smoove, May 24, 2005
  6. BeSerKa2

    McScratchy Guest

    That really didn't answer their question...

    To the OP, it's really just trial and error. If you are using rivatuner,
    use the low level overclocking, I've encountered many problems using the
    driver level option. I got my gf4 mx with 128mb up to 310 core and 460
    mem without any consequences. I play nfsu2 in high detail and it runs
    really nice.

    Try upping both a bit at a time, and test for stability.

    McScratchy, May 24, 2005
  7. BeSerKa2

    McScratchy Guest

    Forgot to mention, it will make a marginal difference. If you had a game
    that stuttered on video slightly, it might remedy it, but don't put your
    hopes on making something that looks like a slideshow now run smooth
    like an $800 card.

    McScratchy, May 24, 2005