    ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2
    WD Raptor 36GB SATA

    Andrew, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Andrew

    C&M Guest

    I am running the 865Neo2-S with a 2.66 P4 at 3.21 ghz with stock cooling.
    Which is a tad over 20%. Has been rock solid for 3 months now. I know they
    aren't exactly the same board, but you should be able to do close to that or
    maybe better.

    C&M, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Andrew

    E.Vaughn Guest

    See the following thread on MSI's forum. Note that their server seems to be
    having problems at the moment, so I'd check back later.

    http://www.msi.com.tw/program/e_ser...id=29142&sid=12e0217a95db518ebfd0043e314a93d7

    In the meantime, I happened to print that post a couple of days ago. For
    your convenience, I've scanned the original post by Mr Breeze, as follows:

    -------Start Scanned Text-------

    Best 865PE Overclock for 2.4C to 3.0+

    IF YOU ARE A NEWBIE PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE BEFORE TRYING TO
    OVERCLOCK!!!!!!

    FOR REGULARS and CUSTOM PROs you can just ignore this post.

    Well this has already been done, but for new OC'ers who want to reach the
    same limits as others here I am posting the settings required to run at 3.OC
    for a 2.4C on ANY MSI
    865PE (and dozens of other mainboards) as well.

    After setting Optimized/High Performance Defaults go back and make the
    following changes along with any other changes you need (changing drive
    settings, boot order, etc.):

    MAT/DOT Set to OFF
    DRAM FREQUENCY = 333
    SPREAD SPECTRUM = OFF
    ADJUST CPU CLOCK = 250
    AGP/PCI FREQUENCY = 66/33 or whatever is closest to that
    CPU VCORE ADJ = YES/ON
    CPU VCORE = 1.525 (If unstable add voltage (1.6v safe)
    DDR VOLTAGE = 2.65(11 unstable add voltage (2.8v safe)
    AGP VOLTAGE = 1.5(11 unstable add voltage (1.7 safe)

    Memory = SPD or Your manufacturer's memory timings
    AGP Aperture = 64MB

    This has worked for over 100 systems I've made on different mainboards from
    MSI to ASUS to GIGABYTE. Hopefully it will help some.

    I am not responsible if you fry or cook your board. I have seen a couple REV
    1.0 MSI 865P FIS2R's go up in smoke. It should be noted that the memory and
    CPU were salvageable in every case and ran at 3.0 on another board be it MSI
    or whomever. I have NEVER killed a P4 CPU with this technique.

    MR BREEZE

    -------End Scanned Text-------

    For the regulars of the MSI forum, no intent to steal your content. This has
    worked for me at a lower FSB (220) and I am only wanting to help others.

    E. Vaughn

    E.Vaughn, Oct 9, 2003