Overclocking the MSI K7N2 Delta-L and XP2500+ Barton?

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by David, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. David

    David Guest

    Hullo folks,

    Have just ordered the MSI K7N2 Delta-L 400FSB mobo, 1GB of DDR400 RAM
    and the allegedly highly overclock-able XP2500+ - with a delicious
    Barton core

    So, as you can probably tell, I'm looking to overclock the beast (I'm
    aware this will only be possible using the FSB as all new Barton's are
    locked I believe?)

    Does anyone have any experience of overclocking either the chip or the
    board or any other advice (don't groan at yet another o/c
    question...please!)

    If it's of any relevance I have a 550W PSU, erm crappy GF440MX-SE 64MB
    gfx blah blah blah

    Any help greatly appreciated

    BTW - it all cost me £246 incl delivery. Not bad I thought?

    David, Feb 17, 2004

  2. David

    NewUser001 Guest

    yea... i have both....first boot with 400 fsb as if it were 3200...some ppl
    can hit that with no vcore increase....then test for stability...that board
    can do it for you...have fun....

    NewUser001, Feb 17, 2004

  3. PC3200? I will never buy anymore for Overclocking again, I think I'll go
    with PC2700 instead.
    Not saying for what CPU, this is the wrong group for that.
    But am saying, I had a lot of problems trying to Overclock PC3200
    And I get better out of Overclocked PC2100, then I do off of PC3200
    PC3200 About 4.3 or 4.2 using Sandra Pro 2004
    Overclocked PC2100 About 4.4 or 4.5, Yes, I have seen 4.5 GB/s (or) 4500
    MB/s out of Overclocked PC2100
    Price? 20$ a stick. Really cheap stuff, but the nice way it works, I
    cant complain.
    It's called CPU-Z = Spec Tek Incorporated DDR-SDRAM PC2100 - 128 MB
    The name is so long, CPU-Z
    Cuts off the B at the end.
    Denny. :) Getting a new MB for the AMD 2000+ soon, so I've got more
    reason to end this with. ::
    Always with a smile, even if times are bad. :)
    :) :) :)

    Dennis E Strausser Jr, Feb 17, 2004