    Wblane Guest

    I did remove the dried out, flaky white stuff and replace it with Arctic Silver
    III. I'm thinking of getting one of the VGA silencers but can't afford it.

    Wblane, Jun 13, 2004

  2. Wblane

    Augustus Guest

    You can afford a 9800 Pro but not a fan?

    Augustus, Jun 13, 2004

  3. Wblane

    First of One Guest

    I wouldn't hesistate to overclock the card out of the box. Do it in small
    increments and you'll notice artifacting or crashes way before any
    overheating damage occurs.

    Remember, overclocking should remain *free*.

    First of One, Jun 13, 2004
  4. Wblane

    Wblane Guest

    I'm thinking of getting an arctic cool VGA silencer, but was thinking of trying
    the overclock before I get it (since I'm kinda short of $$$ right now). I
    remember overclocking my 9500 Pro though and it seemed I got minimal framerate
    increase.

    Wblane, Jun 15, 2004
  5. Wblane

    GMAN Guest

    They are $15 Dollars , what cant you afford?

    GMAN, Jun 15, 2004