Overlay display in Clone Mode

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Beemer, May 8, 2005.

  1. Beemer

    Beemer Guest

    I am tearing out what few hairs I have left every time I sit down to watch a
    movie on my TV. My ATI Radion 9800 Pro is a great card but the Catalyst
    software 5.4 is so stressing.

    Okay, so I know that I require to switch of my TFT display on the 9800
    secondary output before switching on my s-video connection to my PAL TV.

    I then use the wizard and but still have to manually de-select the TFT and
    then select the TV. Next I select "no I do not want to extend my desktop"
    (or similar words) then, IF I REMEMBER, figure out how to get to the video
    overlay page so that I can select "theater mode". This is such a pain doing
    this every time I want to watch a movie.

    Frequently I forget this critical last step and on a Friday or Saturday
    night with a few beers in me just cannot figure out how to get the movie to
    be seen on the TV. I get really angry and then usually give up.

    No doubt someone will tell me to RTFM why does the Catalyst not make the
    Theater setting sticky?

    Beemer

    Beemer, May 8, 2005