Overlay Failed/Create Overlay Failed Error Message?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Bay G, Jan 16, 2010.

  1. Bay G

    Bay G Guest

    After about 11 hours of research and uninstalling then reinstalling
    WinDVD 8 software, this is what I FINALLY found to fix the "Create
    Overlay Failed" problem in my HP Notebook when attempting to play a
    DVD using InterVideo WinDVD 8. See if you can copy and paste the link
    I included in this message into your browser. It SHOULD take you to
    the Video Driver download page on the Microsoft website. You just
    might have to write the ENTIRE link down and PHYSICALLY type it into
    your browser. It's worth it if it fixes your problem. Or go to
    Microsoft.com and type in the search box "sp36236". That's the softpaq
    number for the "Intel 915/915GM Graphics/Video Driver". That should
    get you to the proper download that MIGHT fix your problem. It works
    for these HP Compaq Notebook models:
    nc4200
    nc6110
    nc6120