    but, 3rd ram slot is disabled.

    anyone know of a compatible bios i can use that'll let me use my 3rd slot?

    -Tsuki

    Kenabi Tsuki, Jul 25, 2004

  2. Which one exactly?
    Are you *really* sure it's a BIOS issue? The 440ZX chipset only supports
    up to 4 rows of memory, which means you can only have up to 2 memory
    slots with 2 rows each in use. The 3rd one must use some tricky wiring
    so that at least the combination of two single-bank (single-row) modules
    in the 2nd and 3rd slots works. This is outlined in the users manual, to
    be obtained off an Asus FTP (it even says you can't use any double-bank
    modules in the 3rd slot at all). Well, at least you can stuff in up to
    512 megs toral via two of the usual BX compatible 256 meg modules (see
    Roland's FAQ), or one of those and two singe-bank 128 meg modules.

    BTW, real BIOS matching issues would rather be a non-working multi-I/O
    chip, so apparently you were lucky and got the right BIOS.

    Stephan

    Stephan Grossklass, Jul 25, 2004

  3. Kenabi Tsuki

    Kenabi Tsuki Guest

    i flashed it to the p2b-b (someone mentioned the p2b as being an
    alternative?)

    i was using all 3 slots before (crucial 64mb sticks
    (64mb,sync,100mhz,cl2)) and they worked fine, so it's gotta be something
    to do with the flashing :(
    yeah, everything else is working great. just this one annoying issue. :/
    -Tsuki

    Kenabi Tsuki, Jul 26, 2004
  4. Kenabi Tsuki

    Dennis H. Guest

    I flashed mine with the P2B 1014 Beta3 bios a while back to get the Slot-T
    adaptor to work. I just tried putting ram into the third slot and the
    system doesn't see it. Oh well, it's an acceptable tradeoff to get a
    Celeron 1400 working on this old board.

    Dennis H., Jul 26, 2004