    Thanks. Appreciate any advice.

    Cheers,

    Roy

    Roy Sharif M. Sison, May 29, 2004

  2. Roy Sharif M. Sison

    anon Guest

    For std Office type apps performance increase is not noticable.
    You would have to check compatibility/requirements on Promise web site.
    In order to boot from Sata drive you need to ammend bios boot order to boot
    from SCSI.
    You will need to F6 when installing o/s, to install sata drivers from floppy

    anon, May 29, 2004

  3. The controller datasheet only says PCI 2.3 compliant, but doesn't
    mention system requirements.
    Yes, but that wouldn't require SATA, an ordinary Ultra100 TX2 plus any
    other decently fast modern IDE hard drive would also do. (I'd also take
    a look at Samsung and HGST drives in addition to Seagates.) The U100TX2
    works just fine in older boards AFAIK.
    Yes. The respective boot device is "SCSI".

    Stephan

    Stephan Grossklass, May 29, 2004
  4. Roy Sharif M. Sison

    daytripper Guest

    Nothing with a 440BX chipset is going to be 2.3 compliant.

    /daytripper (Game over)

    daytripper, May 29, 2004
  5. But if a PCI device is PCI 2.3 compliant, this doesn't necessarily imply
    that it will not work in a PCI 2.1 compliant board. (Just think of the
    problems with newer USB cards in PCI 2.1 boards, one card works while
    another with the same chipset and the same PCI 2.2 compliance claim does
    not.)

    Stephan

    Stephan Grossklass, May 29, 2004