P2B IDE Detection

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Lazarus, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. Lazarus

    Lazarus Guest

    Asus P2B board

    Everything is working fine and I have a hard drive on Prim Master and DvD
    Rom on Sec Master

    On other pcs I am used to seeing all 4 channels displayed on the first boot
    screen and
    although both the attatched devices are showing correctly in their
    respective channels the info is not present on screen?

    What I get is:-

    Detecting Primary slave
    Detecting Secondary slave

    right below this is gives the name of the dvd rom but nowhere does it
    mention the hard drive or any of the master channels.....now logic says that
    it doesnt show the masters because it detects them but on other pcs it
    always shows all 4 channels

    Is it something in bios that I havent set right? Or is this normal?

    If I attatch something to both slave channels will i see none of them on
    screen at boot up?

    Lazarus, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Lazarus

    m.marien Guest

    If you use the IDE Detection screen and the drive geometry is specified in
    the first BIOS screen then they don't show. It only shows the ones set to
    AUTO.

    The CDROM is always detected whether you have AUTO, NONE or any other specs.

    m.marien, Oct 27, 2004

  3. Lazarus

    P2B Guest

    .... so if you set the slave channels to NONE, they won't show either -
    and the system will boot a couple of seconds faster ;-)

    P2B, Oct 27, 2004
  4. Lazarus

    Lazarus Guest

    Guys.....thanks a lot!

    Never seen this before and it was bugging me and thanks for letting me know
    how to get rid of the remaining 2 "detections" because it was a pain
    pressing F4 to skip all the time!

    Lazarus, Oct 27, 2004