P2B Jumper Settings for PII/400

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Art Rex, Dec 20, 2003.

  1. Art Rex

    Art Rex Guest

    I'm looking for the jumper settings, the P2B manual has the "CPU Core (BUS)
    Frequency Multiple" & "CPU External Clock (BUS) Frequency Selection" Jumpers
    shown, but I'm not sure which of the following specs pertains to these
    jumpers?

    Intel specs for my PII/400:
    CPUID String 0653
    Package Type S.E.C.C.2
    Core Voltage 2.0V
    Bus Speed 100 MHz
    Thermal Guideline 24.3W
    Core Stepping dB1
    Thermal Spec 90°C
    L2 Cache Size 512K
    Manufacturing Technology 0.25 micron
    L2 Cache Speed 200 MHz
    Bus/Core Ratio 6.0

    Thank you in advance for any help!

    Art

    Art Rex, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Art Rex

    Dave Guest

    Dave, Dec 21, 2003

  3. Art Rex

    P2B Guest

    Set the "CPU External Clock (BUS) Frequency Selection" jumpers to 100Mhz
    to match your processor's bus speed. The settings for "CPU Core (BUS)
    Frequency Multiple" don't matter because the processor will ignore them
    anyway - the "Bus/Core ratio" is locked at 4.0x on the processor.

    BTW, from the information you provided, I determined your processor
    sSpec is SL3D5 - and yes, Intel's site does say the Bus/Core ratio is
    6.0, but that's an error.

    P2B, Dec 21, 2003