    in analogue or digital. What's much worse though is that when I put my old
    card in Win2k wouldn't load. I had to use a PCI video card then migrate as
    a dual monitor setup. Does anyone have a clue what happened?

    sdlfkj, Mar 31, 2005

  2. sdlfkj

    BigJIm Guest

    with the limited info supplies my guess is that the old and new video
    drivers
    conflicted and it is possible that is why it would not boot or the video
    card is the wrong voltage for the p2b board.

    BigJIm, Apr 1, 2005

  3. sdlfkj

    sdlfkj Guest

    I tried installing this and it was a disaster. It would't display
    anything
    That's what I thought. Is there a website with compatibility tables for
    the P2B and AGP video cards? I've also got an Asus A7NBX which I'm
    just building up.

    sdlfkj, Apr 1, 2005
  4. Is the GeForce$ card backwards compatible with an AGP2x board? Because
    the P2B board can only do AGP2x.

    Roy Sharif M. Sison, Apr 1, 2005
  5. sdlfkj

    BigJIm Guest

    I did run a geforce 256 in the p2b with no problems I have a ati 32 rage in
    it now.

    BigJIm, Apr 2, 2005
  6. sdlfkj

    sdlfkj Guest

    I tried installing this and it was a disaster. It would't display
    anything
    I found out that the P2B has a 2x AGP slot. My video card was a 4x. Hence
    the problem. Maybe you have a 4x AGP slot P2B?

    sdlfkj, Apr 2, 2005
  7. Doesn't matter, most AGP 4X or 8X cards will work in a 2X slot. All P2B
    boards (and others with the 440BX chipset) are AGP 2X.

    Robert Hancock, Apr 2, 2005
  8. sdlfkj

    P2B Guest

    ....and a quick visit to Google Groups will confirm the TI4200 AGP has
    been reported to work on P2B series boards by numerous posters.

    Driver conflict remains as the most likely cause of the OP's problem.

    P2B

    P2B, Apr 2, 2005
  9. sdlfkj

    sdlfkj Guest

    I tried installing this and it was a disaster. It would't display
    Rob, I wonder why your newsreader is double spacing my original post? This happened
    before with someone else. What newsreader are you using?
    So if most 4x or 8x cards should work, could it be that my bios is too old? This is
    the total info I could get for the mb/bios combo.
    "ASUS P2B rev 1.04, Award Modular Bios v4.51 PG ACPI Bios Revision 1006 10/09/98
    i440BX"

    sdlfkj, Apr 4, 2005
  10. sdlfkj

    P2B Guest

    Possible - the oldest BIOS I recall having seen on a P2B was 1009. I
    recommend updating to the latest (last) P2B BIOS, if only to eliminate
    BIOS as the cause - and gain significantly improved CPU and large disk
    support:

    ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Slot_I/INTEL_Chipset/i440BX/P2B/

    P2B

    P2B, Apr 5, 2005
  11. Roy Sharif M. Sison, Apr 5, 2005
  12. sdlfkj

    sdlfkj Guest

    ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Slot_I/INTEL_Chipset/i440BX/P2B/

    Why would someone choose the file "without hardware monitor"?

    sdlfkj, Apr 5, 2005
  13. sdlfkj

    P2B Guest

    Asus manufactured some OEM P2B boards without hardware monitoring
    capability. They won't POST if you flash the standard P2B BIOS.

    P2B

    P2B, Apr 6, 2005
  14. sdlfkj

    sdlfkj Guest

    Any idea if this one has hardware monitoring?

    sdlfkj, Apr 6, 2005
  15. sdlfkj

    P2B Guest

    Go to the Power Management page of the BIOS. If you see a column of
    power supply voltages, system temperatures, and fan speeds on the right
    hand side, you have hardware monitoring.

    P2B

    P2B, Apr 7, 2005