    (I admit to the BIOS being old and dated on this mobo).

    Thanks,
    Bob

    - Bob -, Aug 29, 2004

  2. The P2BF should auto detect, and support, that WD drive, without
    problem. Do you have the drive jumpered properly? If it is the ONLY
    hard drive on the primary or secondary controller, jumper the WD drive
    as Single, if there are two drives on the controller then use the Dual
    Master/Slave jumpers.

    Good luck,

    Steven

    Steven Hilgendorf, Aug 29, 2004

  3. - Bob -

    Bob Guest

    Thanks... you assurance that it should work sent me back for another
    round. I tried it with no jumpers (single) and it worked ( and it's
    on a cable with a slave, go figure). I know I tried that before. Then
    I set it up as Master since that's the way it should be and that
    worked fine too.

    Well, whatever. I know I tried every combination, and like I said it
    was able to see it physically because it worked find in the BIOS
    IDE detection. Weird, but all fixed.

    Bob, Aug 31, 2004
  4. Good to hear it worked out Bob! Since the WD drive is on a controller
    with another IDE device, you will want to jumper it as Dual Master/Slave
    to prevent future data corruption. If the WD drive is at the end of the
    cable (Preferred), jumper it as master (jumper pins 5-6), then jumper
    the other IDE device in the middle of the cable as slave.

    If the WD drive is in the middle of the cable, jumper it as slave
    (jumper pins 3-4) and jumper the other IDE device at the end of the
    cable as master.

    Take care,

    Steven

    Steven Hilgendorf, Sep 1, 2004