P35-DS3R Audio problem

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by bill, Aug 30, 2009.

  1. bill

    bill Guest

    P35-DS3R rev 1 MB with F13 BIOS

    recently I installed Windows 7.
    I could not get the HD audio to work properly.
    When I plugged in the HS to the front panel jack I no longer received
    a prompted asking what I had plugged in. I also did not get any sound
    from the HS. It still came thru the speakers.

    I tried everything. Seems others are having issues with this on other
    MBs, though not exactly the same problem, so I assumed it was a driver
    issue.

    Well, I tried ALL the drivers I could find. Then I discovered that if
    I plug the HS into the MIKE jack, I get a prompt and if I select HS
    the sound is directed to the HS instead of the speakers, like it once
    was.

    A new driver 2.31 just released. No help.
    I went back to XP and tried the latest driver. Same thing.
    I went back to the original Gigabyte driver disk and it still acts the
    same way.

    I ohmed out the wiring and it "appears" to be OK.
    I checked out the solders on the IO board. Everything OK.

    The only thing I haven't ripped out is the MB.

    Has anybody got any suggestions?????????????

    bill, Aug 30, 2009