P3B-F: double-sided 256MB SDRAM ??

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Dave, Dec 22, 2003.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Hi all,

    I wanted to extend the life of my trusty P3B-F by upgrading the memory
    to 1GB. The mnaul says that it supports 4 256MB sticks but apparently
    that's not the whole story.

    I have 4 single-sided PC133 ECC (registered) sticks and my MB only
    sees half of it (512MB).

    I now understand that this MB doesn't support 256MB single-sided so
    here's a couple of questions:

    1) is that any way to have the P3B-F accept 4 sngle sided sticks ??

    2) What MB (Asus or otherwise) should I buy that will accept 4 single
    sided 256MB SDRAM sticks any suggestions welcome

    Cheers
    Dave

    Dave, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Yes, that's why there's an FAQ on the topic:
    http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/ram_bx_faq.html
    Just like any other BX board, actually.
    No, not those you have.
    A CUV4X-D should swallow those, CUR-DLS too. Dunno whether the P3V4X
    would handle registered DIMMs.

    Stephan

    Stephan Grossklass, Dec 22, 2003