    option as long as I could get this CPU to run 1000/100 (core/FSB) MHz.

    Regards,
    GH(franz)

    GreyHound, Feb 27, 2005

  2. There are indeed undocumented jumper settings for larger multipliers -
    above 8 or so they are simply remapped to the lowest settings. However,
    these will only do anything with unlocked engeneering samples, all
    retail intel cpus since early P2 days are completely multiplier locked
    and no amount of tinkering will make the cpu run at other multipliers.
    P3B-f boards have a quite good chance of working stable at 133Mhz FSB,
    if it doesn't it could be your ram (if it's only pc100), or the agp
    graphic card which might not like 89Mhz AGP clock.

    Roland

    Roland Scheidegger, Feb 27, 2005

  3. GreyHound

    Peacekeeper Guest

    Some more discussion the version of the board may also come into it is
    version 1.04 should do 133 fine the older versions may not.

    http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72946

    Peacekeeper, Feb 28, 2005
  4. Can't be done on that CPU - normal Intel CPUs (i.e. not engineering
    sample, etc.) are multiplier locked. Motherboards often provide BIOS or
    jumper settings to control the multiplier, but if the CPU is multiplier
    locked, these do nothing.

    Robert Hancock, Mar 1, 2005
  5. GreyHound

    GreyHound Guest

    Thanks for all suggestions.
    I guess the SDRAM modules seem to be stopping me from running this
    set-up @ 133MHz FSB, but I am not going to swap them out, I got
    4x256MB = 1GB of total RAM running rock steady @ 100MHz FSB; I'll live
    with the CPU running 750/100 instead of 1000/133.

    Thanks again,
    GH

    GreyHound, Mar 2, 2005
  6. GreyHound

    P2B Guest

    Assuming you have PC100 SDRAM, I suspect you've reached the correct
    conclusion regarding operation at 133Mhz FSB - so why not explore the
    limitations of your existing memory?

    The P3B-F supports numerous FSB settings between 100 and 133, and it's
    likely you can find one that provides a noticeable performance
    improvement without compromising stability.

    P2B

    P2B, Mar 3, 2005
  7. GreyHound

    GreyHound Guest

    Hi,
    I was just tired, when I did BIOS set-up. I missed the following
    setting of FSB option --> 133/33. 133/43 was actually causing
    problems with one of the PCI cards. Memory is rock solid at 133MHz -
    eveno though the timing setting were re-adjusted to maximum available
    values 3-3....-8 it works beautiful.

    /GH

    GreyHound, Mar 15, 2005
  8. GreyHound

    P2B Guest

    Sweet :)

    43Mhz PCI is pretty much guaranteed to cause grief. I still wonder what
    Asus was thinking when they put 133Mhz-capable clock generators on later
    versions of the P2B series, but only provided the 133/43 setting - a
    soldering iron and good eyes are required to enable 133/33.

    P2B

    http://tipperlinne.com/p2bmod

    P2B, Mar 15, 2005