    (normal IDE not RAID) - are there any limitations in terms of driv size
    imposed by this motherboard ?

    Thanks.

    Tim_UK, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Tim_UK

    DER Guest

    Well, there are other people using this Mobo. I have a home system I use
    for Video/Still Photo processing based on this board with I GB Ram. It's in
    a SuperMicro 760A full tower case. I obtained an additional internal HDD
    bracket and have a System/Application Drive of 80GB, plus for data I have
    Four(4) 120 GB HDDs in a RAID 0/1 config giving full redundancy for 240 GB
    of Data Storage. All of this off the internal 400W PS. No problems at all.
    It's not the fastest system in the world, but with two Tualatin 1.26GHz
    processions under Win2k, it does Video renders at a respectful rate.

    I've never heard of any problems based on larger >160GB HDDs. I mean, for
    personal use I'll NEVER exceed 240GB. And if I did, then I'd off load to
    DVDs or IEEE1394 external backup drives to regain space.

    Darcey

    DER, Dec 5, 2003