    Does anybody know what is the minimum number of memory slots (on P3TDDE)
    that have to be populated for the mob to be useable ?

    Thanks - T.

    Mr Ter, Feb 14, 2004

  2. Mr Ter

    J Ross Guest

    It looks like that Manual user doesn't say much about the minimum memory.
    Check however this links which may contain points of some interest to you.

    http://www.supermicro.com/PRODUCT/Manuals/MB/VIA_DDR/P3TDDE_1.0c.pdf

    http://www.supermicro.com/PRODUCT/Manuals/MB/VIA_DDR/P3TDDE_1.0b.pdf

    http://www.supermicro.com/TECHSUPPORT/MonthlyFAQ/MB/mbfaq0403.htm

    http://www.supermicro.com/TECHSUPPORT/MonthlyFAQ/MB/mbfaq1202.htm

    Q: DO you have a SuSE 7.3 driver for my P3TDDE onboard IDE RAID?

    A: We don't have it on our FTP, but you can download the driver form the
    Promise website HERE.

    http://www.supermicro.com/TECHSUPPORT/MonthlyFAQ/MB/mbfaq1102.htm
    Q: I am trying to install Redhat 7.3 in SCSI HDD in P3TDER with 2 CPUs
    installed. The system will stop in "loading AIC7xxx" when choosing to boot
    from SMP kernel after RH7.3 installation.

    A: You will have to reinstall Redhat 7.3.

    1. At Rrdhat 7.3 CD1 boot prompt, type: linux dd noprobe

    2. Select "No" driver disk

    3. After pass the language, etc., choose "add device" to list device driver
    then select "SCSI"

    4. Choose "old AIC7xxx driver" to install.

    5. Click "OK" to continue installation.

    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/shophiq/sys-6021io.html

    http://www.memorylabs.net/supsersys15.html

    J Ross, Mar 5, 2004