P3TSSE mobo + VIA C3 800MHz?

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by James, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. James

    James Guest

    James, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Unless someone authoritative tells you that it is supported, don't bet on it. The
    chipset is just one component. You also need BIOS support for the CPU. I have had
    good luck with that C3 Ezra in an MSI 6309 v 5.0 (aka 694T Pro) motherboard, one
    of the supported boards and also one of the very few that supports ECC. Recently I
    tried the newer C3 Nehemiah in the MSI board, which should have been noticeably
    faster. It barely ran since there was no support for the new CPU in the BIOS and
    the processor caches were not enabled.

    There is also a Gigabyte board, GA-6VTX I think, that has the Via 694T chipset and
    would be a good one to look at.

    George Pontis, Dec 10, 2003