    Just wanted to post this 'cause I'm a proud SOYO owner.

    ps anyone heard from Denny lately?

    SOYO ROCKS!

    Lou, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Lou

    Frank Guest

    My SY-K7V DRAGON original has never had a glitch. I put it together almost 3
    years ago and it has run flawlessly every day. It was built with the
    following components; SY-K7V Dragon m/b, AMD Athlon 1.4GHz CPU, Crucial
    2x256MB PC2100 ram, ATI AIW 128 Pro video card, Sound Blaster Live Plat.
    sound card, generic LT Winmodem, 40GB Maxtor hard drive, 60 GB Maxtor hard
    drive, Plextor 12/10/32A cd-writer, Pioneer DVD drive, Antec case with
    300watt Antec PSU.

    A very good system for the time no matter what people say about Soyo. My
    only complaints are the lack of support for hard drives bigger than 137GB
    natively and that Soyo doesn't incorporate the latest Promise controller
    BIOS in their motherboard BIOS.

    Frank

    Frank, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Lou

    Lou Guest

    That's awesome Frank! Sounds like a great system too! Soyo makes
    great products, period! I wished I had bought the same for my wifes
    machine. I got a ECS P4VXASD2+ board and a 2.2GHz Celeron for her for
    $99.00 from Fry's about 8 months ago and am beginning to have power
    and other issues with it now. Should have forked over another $50.00
    and got the same combo with a SOYO board. You get what you pay for I
    guess.

    Lou, Apr 25, 2004
  4. Lou

    Frank Guest

    At the same time that I got my SOYO Dragon (almost 3 years ago), I also got
    2 ECS KVZA v3.0 boards for my kids. Both of those systems are running Duron
    850 CPU's, ATI Rage 128 video cards, Pioneer DVD's, 256MB ram, 40GB hard
    drives and Antec 300watt PSU's. The onboard sound sucked so I got 2 Muse 5.1
    sound cards based on the C-Media 8738 for a bargain. These systems have also
    been flawless, with the exception that one of the PSU's just died.

    Frank

    Frank

    Frank, Apr 25, 2004
  5. Lou

    MTech Guest

    My Dragon+ is still going strong as well...Never had a problem with it.

    Don

    MTech, Apr 25, 2004