p41875p Dragon 2 Plat ed. is going to be the death of me. Please help!

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Chris Moore, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. Chris Moore

    Chris Moore Guest

    For the love of God, will anybody please tell me how they have their
    ide raid control set up on this miserable board.

    I have 3 drives
    1 10GB (master ide 1)
    1 200GB (master ide 3)
    1 200GB (master ide 4)

    Onboard Device -> Onboard Raid Enabled

    On Chip IDE Device -> IDE 1,2 /Sata 1,2 -> IDE only

    When I go into that "lovely" HighPoint technology screen it only sees
    the 2 100GB drives and not ide 1 (10 GB drive which is where I want to
    install the OS). I simply want to create a Raid 0 on IDE 3 & 4. What
    am I missing? Please have mercy on my poor soul and help me with this.
    I've been at this for hours and can't figure it out.
    Chris

    Chris Moore, Aug 27, 2003

  2. To access the information on your ide drive you must enter standard bios.
    choose to boot from floppy then the ide 0 drive. the highpoint is strickly
    for any raid or serial drives.

    John Lee Brown, Oct 3, 2003