    anyone know what causes it or how to fix it? When his system boots,
    it runs fine with no instability whatsoever. However, now it isn't
    booting at all. Can anyone help me out?! Thanks all!

    Parallax Abstraction, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Parallax Abstraction

    Paul Guest

    Simplify the problem by removing the PCI cards, until you can get
    it to post. Perhaps one of the PCI cards is busted and is hauling
    the PCI bus down ?

    If you own a PCI "POST" debugging card, with the two digit hex display
    on it, insert the debugging card in a spare PCI slot, and see where
    the BIOS is halting.

    Run your hand over the surface of the motherboard and check for any
    components that are burning hot.

    Take a voltmeter and check the supply rails. If you can get back
    into the BIOS, it is easier to use the hardware monitor in the BIOS
    to do this.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Parallax Abstraction

    DaveW Guest

    It sounds like the chipset may have developed a thermal fault.

    DaveW, Nov 15, 2003