    computer. Does anyone else have this problem with the on board controller
    and hard drive performance?

    Thanks, Rich

    Rich, Apr 6, 2005

  2. Rich

    Ben Pope Guest

    Sounds like you don't have DMA enabled on the drives.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Apr 6, 2005

  3. Rich

    timmy Guest

    I don't think you need IAA unless your running a raid setup. Remove
    it...
    I would recommend a thorough system scan and a scheduled checkdisk.
    Also, run the default controler driver with the latest chipset inf
    update. If your running windows XP SP1, these will already be
    installed and DMA will be enabled...

    timmy, Apr 7, 2005