    true ATI made video card... used differnt video drivers, different bios's on
    MB ...and same problem , I have reformatted and installed XP several times,
    still the same problem. Any help will be appreciated.

    Wilbure, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Wilbure

    Rocky Guest

    Try looking in control panel > Administrative Tools > Event Logger.

    Double click on the Application events on the right to see what errors were
    reported.

    Can you check the temperature of the mobo right after the reboot? Go itno
    the bios to check it, maybe its overheating?

    Rocky, Jun 8, 2004

  3. Wilbure

    Rich Guest

    My guess is that you are either overheating, (cpu or video card), or you
    have a poor quality or underpowered power supply. Is your memory compatible
    with that board?

    Rich, Jun 9, 2004
  4. Wilbure

    Paul Guest

    Get a copy of motherboard monitor MBM5 and log temps and
    voltages to a text file. The monitoring rate can be set to
    every ten seconds. The file is committed after every
    reading, so after you reboot, the conditions just before
    the reboot will be at the end of the text file. Chances
    are, something is overheating.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jun 9, 2004
  5. Wilbure

    Wilbure Guest

    I boughtand replaced my memory wirh crucial the best I could bye, it said
    it was compatable with my motherboard on their site

    Wilbure, Jun 11, 2004
  6. Wilbure

    Ludo Knaepen Guest

    450 watt power supply and all your problem are gone

    Ludo Knaepen, Jun 13, 2004
  7. It wouldn't be the PSU if it is rebooting. The safety mech's on it will shut
    it down not keep it running. Besides I ran 2 raptors, 3.2 p4, 1 gig Kingston
    mem, 6600GTOC vga, 2 burners, 1 60 gig WD drive, and a few extra's.... for a
    year no problems....HOWEVER - My computer PSU just blew on me recently and
    as I said instead of rebooting it just shut the whole system down.

    Make sure you didn't tweak the Bios. Try resetting it to default settings
    first before you start ripping the machine apart looking for a hidden
    malfunction. 3 days ago my uncle was bitching that windows suck BLA BLA BLA
    cause his machine keep rebooting during bootup. I asked him if he tweaked
    anything in the BIOS and said NO. I told him multiple times during his
    installation not to mess around in there (he is not adept at these
    things)...long story short he did..I fixed it. The machine runs smooth.

    The other interesting point is that you ARE able to boot and last a while
    without malfunction. Boot up into safe mode and let the computer stay there
    for a while. Usually the computer will reboot upon error instead of giving
    you the Blue Screen of Death (this can be changed by right clicking on my
    computer and selecting properties. After that select the Advanced TAB, click
    on the Settings button in the Start-up and Recovery section, and deselect
    the box that says "Automatically restart". Of course your system will still
    crash but it will at least tell you what the error is. At which point you
    can then investigate which program is the culprit. By the way, if safe mode
    does work fine make sure you disable at programs that start up with your
    computer. Click RUN from the Start Menu an type "MSCONFIG" (without the
    quotes). Under the Start-up Tab deselect all the programs and test out one
    by one which may be causing the program.

    Do these things first and let me know how it turn out.

    Cheers and Good Luck!!

    Lucid