    operating systems if anyone is interested:

    http://freepctech.com/pc/002/files010.shtml

    Thanks for any help.

    justin david, Mar 4, 2007

  2. justin david

    BigJim Guest

    I used ez flash and no problems. Just make sure you read the instructions
    and understand them if you use this method.

    BigJim, Mar 4, 2007

  3. justin david

    tcsenter Guest

    1024 is a BETA version. The latest stable release BIOS is 1023.

    There are special restrictions for updating the last several BIOS
    versions on P4C800-E Deluxe. The BIOS cannot be updated using certain
    older versions of ASUS LiveUpdate or AFUDOS. Go to ASUS download
    pages for your motherboard and read the details on the BIOS download
    page.

    I always recommend DOS method, whether by USB flash drive, bootable
    CD, or floppy. Win-based methods (e.g. ASUS LiveUpdate) are
    responsible for more failed updates than DOS, being dependent on a
    more complicated (and potentially fragile) interaction between the OS,
    HAL, and system BIOS.

    After all, we're talking about Microsoft Windows here. ;-)

    tcsenter, Mar 6, 2007
  4. justin david

    james H Guest

    I second this too, DOS is the best and safest way to flash BIOS. I always
    use the latest AFUDOS release. Works for me type in AFUDOS at the dos prompt
    and get set of options for the flash.

    james H, Mar 7, 2007
  5. justin david

    justin david Guest

    Thanks all for the replies. So am I typing: afudos /ip4ced23.rom at
    the A: prompt in order to install the bios? I'm not sure about the i
    but I saw it in the instruction manual for the motherboard.

    justin david, Mar 8, 2007
  6. justin david

    tcsenter Guest

    That's correct, booted to a pure DOS environment, not a DOS window
    inside of Windows.

    Regards,

    Tim

    tcsenter, Mar 8, 2007
  7. justin david

    justin david Guest

    Thanks, I'm going to do that tonight.

    justin david, Mar 8, 2007
  8. justin david

    justin david Guest

    One other thing; do I need to reset the bios to the default properties
    before I do the upgrade?

    justin david, Mar 8, 2007
  9. justin david

    tcsenter Guest

    Not before, but after the update.

    Regards,

    Tim

    tcsenter, Mar 8, 2007
  10. justin david

    justin david Guest

    I just did the update. Thanks for the help. The strange thing is
    when I had bios 10019 installed only a little over 3 gigs out of 4 of
    memory was reported as being installed. With the new bios, 3.9 out of
    4 gigs is reported as being installed.

    justin david, Mar 9, 2007