P4C8-E Dlx -- SATA configured correctly?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Chris Hill, May 22, 2004.

  1. Chris Hill

    Chris Hill Guest

    I have just finished my first build -- which went pretty smooth, however I
    have a niggly question (not to dumb I hope): Have I got the SATA driver
    installed and running correctly, and, if so, how do I confirm I have? The
    simple answer is I must have because the machine works :), but Sandra tells
    me that the disk is running below its optimum and I can't see any SATA
    related items in the Device Manager (which going on other posts here I
    suspect I should?!); only Ultra ATA Storage Controllers are listed.

    Key components from build:
    P4C800-E Deluxe
    Intel P4 3.0Ghz
    Seagate ST3120026AS (SATA 120Gb) connected to SATA1
    XP Pro + SP1A

    The install of XP picked up the drive (so I did not press <F6>). I had
    trouble running the CD supplied by Asus on XP but was able to download and
    install the Chipset Util and BIOS upgrade from their website. I have not
    installed any other drivers e.g. Promise. Currently I am only looking to
    have one SATA driver (no RAID).

    Any pointers as to how I confirm that the correct drivers are installed to
    ensure that I am getting the most from the SATA drive would be appreciated!

    Thanks
    Chris

    Chris Hill, May 22, 2004

  2. Chris Hill

    anon Guest

    You need to use the F6 option

    anon, May 22, 2004

  3. Chris Hill

    Chris Hill Guest

    Thanks ... does this mean that I'll have to reformat the drive and reinstall
    XP etc.?

    Chris Hill, May 23, 2004
  4. Chris Hill

    Walt Guest

    I thought one only need to press F6 if using the Promise controller
    with a RAID? The F6 allowed you to install the Promise RAID
    drivers into XP. No???

    Walt, May 23, 2004