    What am I missing? Have gone through the manual and have not found anything
    that sheds any light on this issue.

    Jerry S.

    Jerry Slaughter, Mar 8, 2005

  2. Jerry Slaughter

    RBM Guest

    It is seen as the fourth master because it is connected to the fourth master
    controller, now, in bios, under boot, set( it ) to be the boot disk and
    remove your existing drive as the boot disk

    RBM, Mar 8, 2005

  3. THanks for all he input. What I ended up doing was use the utility on the
    Maxtor disk that allowed it to be configured as the boot drive. I also went
    into bios and set it in there. All files transfered. I did have to repair my
    MS Office installation, but so far everything else is working.

    Interesting side note...after I got it working last night I thought about
    going ahead and just doing a clean re-install of XP and my other
    software...when I started the re-install, I rebooted to the install disk, XP
    started the initial file install, then I got a BSOD...disk error...would not
    continue the install. I tried 2 more times, same error. Normal restart back
    to XP when CD removed. Does the SATA drive require a install of a driver
    during the initial installation (the F6 prompt messsage during the initial
    file transfer)?

    Jerry S.

    Jerry Slaughter, Mar 8, 2005
  4. Jerry Slaughter

    MoiMeme Guest

    Yes. During install, at very beginning, you'll see a message on bottom of
    screen saying "Hit F6 to load SCSI drivers" or something like that.
    Hit F6, put in the floppy with the S-ATA drivers of your motherboard ( you
    have to copy them to diskette first, since install will not lookup CD
    drives).
    Attention : this F6 message is short !!!
    After that it should work fine and be able to install correctly.
    Phil

    MoiMeme, Mar 8, 2005