    i can't find any info on it on asus site.

    thanks in advance.

    Frank

    Frank, Mar 30, 2005

  2. Write down your present BIOS settings. Flash to the 1019, and when you get
    the error message, go into the BIOS and configure to your machine. Reboot
    and everything should be okay. If not, recheck your BIOS settings. Or maybe
    you have a bad 1019 file. Download again.

    Do you really need the 1019? If not, don't flash. If the BIOS ain't broke,
    don't fix it.

    Clark Griswold, Mar 30, 2005

  3. Frank

    Rocky Guest

    That happens to me every bios update, after one reboot it's okay though so I
    don;t think it causes any problems.

    --
    Rocky
    www.ghostrecon.net | www.agr-s.com | www.tactical-elite.net |

    __

    Rocky, Mar 30, 2005
  4. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Thanks for you help, but unfortunanetly, the bios always reports "Bad
    Cecksum", on every reboot,
    even if i go into the bios, and reset everything.
    Ive tried multiple different settings, and even bare bones settings..
    like disabling everything.. the damn thing might boot once or twice OK, but
    it eventually will
    report a "Bad Cecksum".
    I've gone back to 1017 and all is fine, no matter how often i reboot.
    I truely believe theirs an issue with the 1019 bios, and some board
    version's maybe.
    what puzzle's me, is why doesnt Asus post the fixes in between these
    releases...
    it would surely make sense to, and let us customers know what they
    changed/fixed.

    regards...

    I currently have 1017 installed in this motherboard,
    ive tried 1019 but every time i booted the post screen shows
    "Bad Cecksum", and it would reset to setup defaults.
    I reinstalled the 1019 bios 3 times, but got the same results on
    every post.
    1017 has no problems, that i can see.
    anyone know whats added in 1019?

    Frank, Apr 4, 2005
  5. The 1021 rev is out. Let us know if this rev corrects your issue.

    Clark Griswold, Apr 5, 2005
  6. Frank

    Frank Guest

    1021 is for the p4c800-E Deluxe, i have the p4c800 Deluxe
    last bios i still see is 1019
    sorry for the confusion.. i should of been more specific.

    The 1021 rev is out. Let us know if this rev corrects your issue.

    Frank, Apr 5, 2005