p4c800 deluxe Reset bios using jumper won't boot???

Discussion in 'Asus' started by xyzme, Dec 21, 2003.

  1. xyzme

    xyzme Guest

    I have been having a problem with the computer skipping boot info. Monitor
    would stay off until Windows xp screen came up. Tried hitting del,
    f1,f2,f3,etc on startup nothing would work to let me into bios. So I got
    the bright idea to clr rtc ram (clrtc) now the computer will turn on the
    cds light up then go out and after a few seconds i hear a two quick beeps
    and nothing. monitor stays in amber mode the whole time.

    I downloaded the latest bios for this MB, and created a bootable disk with
    another xp computer, but the computer apparently will not even try to boot.
    I even put a xp windows disk in the cd to see if it would boot with the cd
    but it would not do this either.

    I have also noticed that if I hit ctrl -alt-del after it tries to startup it
    will start the cd lights and drive light going and then the two beeps again
    and nothing.

    PLEASE HELP ME I'M STRANDED AND I CAN'T BOOT UP!!!

    Thanks for any help,

    TOM

    xyzme, Dec 21, 2003

  2. xyzme

    Maximus Guest

    Take out the video card, and boot without it.

    Then put the video card back, and see if the screen can be seen.
    I have a Sapphire Radeon 9600XT video card which stays black out
    all the way until winXP or win2k boots into first screen.

    It is very annoying this way since I cannot see anything during POST.
    But in my case, it is the video card which causes trouble.

    Maximus, Dec 21, 2003

  3. xyzme

    xyzme Guest

    Sir Maximus... truly a fitting name for one so bright! Thank you kind sir
    you have restored my steed. I can now sympathize a little more with the
    plight of total blindness.

    Please give yourself a hardy pat on the back for me. I am tonight forever
    in your debt.

    Thank you again,

    Tom Atkins of Kensington

    xyzme, Dec 21, 2003
  4. xyzme

    Maximus Guest

    I'm glad to see you fix your problem; as I had made troubles for myself
    a little while ago and merely came across the fix purely by accident.
    Nothing
    as wonderful as it may seem, but certainly it reduces the frustration and
    some
    sleepless nights.

    Thank you for your kindness. Please take care.

    Maximus

    Maximus, Dec 21, 2003
  5. xyzme

    Bill Guest