P4C800 Deluxe Voice Reporter works with sound card

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Colin, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Colin

    Colin Guest

    Hi,

    I had posed the question in a previous message (P4C88 mobo beeps on 22/6/03)
    about voice reporter only being available with the onboard sound feature. I
    use an Audigy2 as my sound source

    I have discovered that by setting the onboard audio to AUTO in the BIOS it
    is possible to use both the Voice Reporter and Instant CD. Of course you
    have to have speakers plugged in to both the on board socket (lime green),
    and the audigy2/extra sound card.

    In device manager u r left with a yellow question mark for the device but it
    does no harm.

    Hope this info is of some help to others as the manual does not tell u this.

    Colin

    Colin, Jun 27, 2003