    I have a Maxtor 200gb drive on the Promise Controller It shows on the BIOS
    BOOT screen as the 4th drive. BUT it does not show on the Main panel were
    the drives are listed. I reinstalled the SATA driver. No joy.

    jime, Oct 11, 2005

  2. control panel - admin tools - computer managment then you need to
    select the drive and format to the correct file system then assign a
    drive letter, worked for me (on XP anyway)

    brett_messruther, Oct 11, 2005

  3. jime

    Altiparmak Guest

    when u use win98: it is not usable - rtfm

    Altiparmak, Oct 12, 2005
  4. jime

    jime Guest

    It is not shown there that is part of the proboem.
    Jime

    jime, Oct 12, 2005