    Intel 3ghz 800mhz FSB CPU
    2gb corsair 3500c2 ram 4x512

    Thanks for any help!

    smache, Jul 22, 2003

  2. smache

    Alan Deehr Guest

    My intel 875 board does this too, but only when the rocker switch on the
    power supply has been turned off. Does the board continue to turn itself
    off even after you push the momentary switch on the front panel?

    Alan Deehr, Jul 22, 2003

  3. smache

    SteveH Guest

    A couple f other possibilities:

    1. CPU Fan is a slow speed one and the BIOS is shutting the board down to
    protect the CPU (try turning off the fan monitoring in BIOS temporarily)
    2. CPU fan plugged into the wrong header

    HTH
    SteveH

    SteveH, Jul 22, 2003
  4. smache

    Tim Guest

    Have you tinkered with the memory timings to push it up towards the corsair
    rated speed?

    If so, then clear the cmos and start again, but this time leave the CAS at
    2.5 - until you have time at hand...
    Note that as you have 4 x modules, memory timing is more critical and CAS
    often needs to be increased as more memory sticks are added. Something to do
    with fan out.

    Failing that, if the problem is in the BIOS / fan / power, you may need to
    clear the cmos to get it up again to clear it. This is usually in the m/b
    manual...

    - Tim

    Tim, Jul 22, 2003
  5. smache

    smache Guest

    I would try that , but I havent been able to get into the BIOS to do
    anything, the system only stay on for 6 seconds :(

    smache, Jul 22, 2003
  6. smache

    smache Guest

    I cant get into the BIOS because the system shuts down after 6 seconds :

    smache, Jul 22, 2003
  7. smache

    Vic Guest

    Is it doing the memory count? Try removing 1gig out.
    Good Luck.
    Vic

    Vic, Jul 22, 2003
  8. smache

    Dirk Puslich Guest

    Could also be a heat issue - make sure your heatsink is making good
    contact with the CPU. Also make sure that both motherboard power
    connectors are secure.

    Dirk Puslich, Jul 22, 2003
  9. smache

    Mitch_A Guest

    Double check that your ATX power switch jumper 2-Pin Pwrbtn (case front
    panel bundle to connector on mobo) is on the correct pin and is oriented
    correctly (pwr/grnd).

    Mitch

    Mitch_A, Jul 22, 2003
  10. smache

    Milleron Guest

    The polarity of LEDs is important. It's not supposed to matter which
    way the connector you're talking about is plugged in.

    Ron

    Milleron, Jul 22, 2003
  11. smache

    Mitch_A Guest

    Considering I use a screwdriver (no case) I shoulda realized that mistake
    prior to posting <sheepish grin>

    Mitch

    ..

    Mitch_A, Jul 23, 2003