P4C800-E Deluxe & WinDVD Suite

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Don, Dec 28, 2003.

  1. Don

    Don Guest

    KG,

    You should not need a serial #.
    It should say (on the CD) oem.....
    When it detects the ASUS motherboard it should install without using a
    serial #..

    The Don
    ====================

    Don, Dec 28, 2003

  2. Don

    KG Guest

    BTW....sorry everybody.....didn't realize my clock was set wrong :|

    KG, Dec 29, 2003

  3. Don

    Peacekeeper Guest

    I had this issue as did others back 12mths or so we got over it by
    installing it on an old asus board the serial number popped up on the screen
    we wrote it down and then reinstalled on the new board using the number.
    Pity this still occurring will inform Asus and tell them your solution re
    the demo32 file.
    Tony

    KG, Dec 29, 2003
  5. Don

    KG Guest

    Hi Don....
    You're right....the CD does say OEM and your reply gave me an idea. I
    didn't have autorun enabled for my CD player so I looked at the autorun.inf
    file on the CD and it runs the demo32.exe file... I ran that file and
    installed from there and everything worked fine :) Before I was running
    the setup file from the WinDVD folder on the CD and I guess that is why it
    was asking for the serial number.
    Thanks!

    KG

    KG, Dec 29, 2003