    on, when I press the power button nothing happens, no fan or processor
    activation. Given that this is the 2nd board is there something that I am
    missing or is this just a bad mother board I await infinite wisdom. Regards

    Andre, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Do you have one of the older P4s which run FSB 400 ?
    They donĀ“t run on a i875p mobo like the P4C800...

    Cya -

    Joachim

    Joachim Klein, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Andre

    Paul Guest

    What about your video card ? Is it an older video card that happens
    to have only 3.3V I/O ? It is hard to tell on these new motherboards,
    whether they have the AGP burnout protection circuit or not - if they
    do, you cannot turn on the power via the switch on the front of the
    case, until an incompatible video card is removed from the AGP slot.

    In fact, you might try that as a test. Remove the video card and see
    if the motherboard starts up and gives you the beep pattern that
    says there is no video card present. If you strip enough hardware off
    the motherboard, you might get some life from it.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Oct 16, 2003
  4. What about the "Bad solder Problem"? Have a look at this:

    http://www.techsupportforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=41955

    http://koti.mbnet.fi/~nightops/eki/DSC00249.JPG

    My P4C800-E Deluxe had the same problem - no post - because of this
    problem. I modified myself, and now it boots up, but don't runs stable
    and warranty is voided. I recommend to exchange the board at your
    retailer and look for an original Intel one.

    Stephan Collet, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Andre

    Andre Guest

    Many thanks, actually I have a P4-fsb 800, 2 512MB Pc3200 crucial memory
    sticks and the video card is a GeForceFX 5600, Seagate 120MB ATA HD and a
    420watt power supply. I am still at a lost, will do some tweaking

    Andre, Oct 17, 2003
  6. Andre

    Matt Guest

    Hello,
    I just bought a P4C800-E Deluxe and am having a similar problem. I
    get power to the fans, HD, CD-ROM etc. In addition, the green light
    goes on. But that is it. No video, and NO beeps. I remove memory
    and there is no beep. I can try removing the CPU tonight, but I am
    worried that the board is already. Fried. Where do I start to debug
    this problem? I have an older AGP card, but it was marked for
    1.5v.... arg!!! This is so frustrating!!!

    Any help is greatly appreciated... thanks!

    Matt

    Matt, Nov 14, 2003
  7. Andre

    Maximus Guest

    If you are sure that your video card is working, just try to boot with only
    CPU, RAM and video card.

    If it does not boot, take out the video card and reboot. Though you cannot
    see anything on the screen, the board probably will boot with some beeps.
    At least you can guess whether the video card may work or not.

    --------------

    Maximus, Nov 15, 2003
  8. Andre

    no Guest

    dumb question to the person having boot problems. Did you plug in the 4 pin
    P4 power cable?

    no, Nov 15, 2003
  9. Matt,

    I just returned a P4C800-E Deluxe M/B to ASUS due to problems not all that
    different from yours. My problem was manifested by the BIOS apparently
    "forgetting" data during restarts. Power-off reboots were especially
    problematic. On every restart I'd get a BIOS problem. Most of the time it
    said that a new CPU was installed and forced me into either accepting
    default settings OR going in an manually cleaning up the BIOS settings.
    Typically, the BIOS wouldn't do an IDE scan properly and miss the RAID 0
    boot-up array.

    http://helpdesk.asus.com said the problem sounded like "EMI" interference
    and/or improper grounding and suggested removing the motherboard from the
    case and power-up just CPU, video card, keyboard, and monitor (no memory).
    That produced nothing so I installed the memory and the machine would start.
    I then hooked up the floppy disk and found that I could boot to an A-prompt
    without exception. Based on this result ASUS recommended electrically
    isolating the M/B from the PC case (to a degree) by installing "red paper"
    washers under the ten M/B mounting screws AND overlaying the tops of the ten
    PC case M/B stand-offs with electricians tape. Be dammed if it didn't seem
    to work, ... for awhile. So, I reinstalled all equipment into the Lian-Li
    PC-60 case and found that it'd boot w/o incident to XP. Great. I thought I
    was home free. So, I then went on to install lots 'o software (lots of
    reboots w/o incident) to the point that I was ready to swap the old PC for
    this new one. However, after just unplugging, moving, and reconnecting in
    the new location (a delta distance of about 10 feet) the BIOS problem return
    with a vengeance. I experienced the same 'Black Screen" you described. I
    was able to get a display after a few cold reboots, but the display said the
    system had halted due to "CPU overclocking". I removed the PC to the
    workbench (again), removed the M/B mounting tray from the case and hooked up
    everything. After a few boot-ups while manually restoring the BIOS settings
    the dam thing would boot to Windows w/o incident. Its at that point that I
    got http://helpdesk.asus.com to admit that the board is probably defective.
    However, they said that I might try adding MORE electricians tape between
    the M/B and when it contacts the mounting tray along the back side around
    the connectors. I said thanks, but no thanks and returned the M/B today to
    the people who sold it to me, New Egg.Com. New Egg.Com says they'll
    cross-ship items (ship replacement items before receipt of old items) other
    than CPUs within 30 days of invoice date. ASUS said they wouldn't
    cross-ship and that it'd take three to four weeks for a warrantee exchange.

    I'd definitely recommend that you remove the M/B from the case, place it on
    a non-conducting surface such as a wooden workbench, phone book, or on the
    box it came in (be sure to save the box until you're confident the M/B
    works) and apply just power, memory, video card, keyboard, and monitor and
    see if it'll fire up. If it does, add the pointer, then add a floppy (and a
    bootable floppy disk) and test after each step. If it works then try the
    red-paper washer and tape over the stand-offs routine and reinstall in the
    case. Hopefully, you get a reliable system unlike mine.

    BTW Anyone else out there having "EMI/grounding" problems with ASUS M/Bs?
    If yes, what's the workaround?
    Good luck, -pgm

    Patrick Martin, Nov 15, 2003
  10. Andre

    no Guest

    My friend had problems booting to cpu errors and tracked it down to
    inadequate ram voltage. Once he increased the voltage to 2.75 volts his
    problems went away. This is using OCZ PC3500 ram.

    I'm using Corsair PC3200LL ram @ 2.75 volts @ 2,3,5,2 timing and turbo
    enabled which yields 2,2,5,2 according to CPU-Z 1.20.

    no, Nov 15, 2003
  11. If the motherboard ground wasn't supposed to be connected to the case, they
    wouldn't have designed it that way. I think ASUS has a problem with their
    designs. They *definitely* have a problem with their tech support.

    Jim Shaffer, Jr., Nov 16, 2003
  12. Andre

    Bill De Guest

    "Yes"
    I'm sending this junk back today if tech service does not call me
    back. I was using a MSI NEO2s board before this and thought that was a
    problem. lol hell. I'm done trying to build a system. If these
    manufactures could develpe a bios without all this add on crap we
    would be better off.

    Bill De, Nov 18, 2003