P4C800-E DLX Promise Raid Management question (email not working)

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Don Thimsen, Mar 7, 2004.

  1. Don Thimsen

    Don Thimsen Guest

    I have two SATA drives mirrorred on the Promise raid controller in
    the P4C800E Deluxe. The drives are mounted in hot-swap DataPort V
    cartridges.

    I've setup the PAM raid management software so that an email
    gets sent when an error occurs. Unfortunately, when I test the recovery
    functions
    by pulling a drive, no email is sent. We have several other older promise
    raid controllers running at our site, and the configuration information
    is correct. Also, the promise controller does recover the array
    automatically
    like it should - we just don't get any information sent via email.

    If I use PAM to look at the event records in the controller, they do show
    something
    interesting - a bunch of unknown error codes. PAM can also look at other
    controllers on the local LAN segment, and the event records on the other
    machines have meanful information. I'm pretty sure no emails are being
    sent because of the unknown error codes.

    Any ideas about where to go with this problem? Does PAM belong to
    ASUS for an imbedded controller? Or, just go directly to Promise?

    The machine is running the most current PAM available from ASUS download,
    and bios 1015.

    Thanks,
    Don

    Don Thimsen, Mar 7, 2004