    regular IDE port come up as udma-2 not 5. In Compatability mode they
    come up as udma-5. What's up with that?

    Not only that_ the drive performance sucks.

    Guest, Jun 26, 2003

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm not using sata (yet) my drives are attached to the regular IDE ports. I put
    one of the drives on the promise port in regular ide/parallel mode and it seems
    to be on par with a udma5 drive. The one on the primary IDE is still a dog tho.
    Seems odd. I guess I expected better. I'm using the ide drivers that win2K
    loads_ maybe intels newer drivers do a better job.

    Guest, Jun 27, 2003