    is running in Dual channel, linear mode.
    Is this the fastest mode? what other modes are there?
    This is a P4C800 Deluxe MB

    JBM, Feb 28, 2004

  2. JBM

    Paul Guest

    This Intel guide describes some of the terminology. The
    fastest stock configuration, is four double sided DIMMs
    matched to one another, with PAM/MAM/whatever enabled
    at exactly 200MHz clock. The dynamic mode interleaves
    access to all the DIMMs, and tries to take advantage of
    open pages on all the DIMMs. Maximizing the number of
    "banks" of memory, aids this optimization, but isn't a
    big performance boost.

    ftp://download.intel.com/design/chipsets/applnots/25273001.pdf

    I think you are better off trying to boost the clock rates
    of memory and CPU, than trying to gain the benefits of a
    specific memory configuration. It is pretty hard to beat
    the performance gain, of going from DDR400 to DDR500 rates,
    even if the CAS setting has to be increased.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Feb 29, 2004