    The drives to better writing in IDE ATA mode. Any
    ideas?

    LW

    Len Wassenaar, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Len Wassenaar

    Locutus2k Guest

    If you search with google you will find a LOT of threads about this question
    ... anyway: if you want to get best raid performance:

    1-install drivers from MSI
    2-Use, if possible, only serial ATA disks
    3-use a mix of PATA+SATA

    and that's just the beginning ..
    Good luck,
    Locutus2k

    Locutus2k, Jun 23, 2003

  3. Len Wassenaar

    FairMan Guest

    I use two Maxtor DiamondMax Plus9 8MB Ata 133 and one Seagate, Barracuda
    7200.7 80GB 8MB S-ATA and I have exactly the same bad write speed. 5MB/s. I
    use raid 0 .
    I don't want to install all my hundreds of programs again so I really hopes
    there is a work around for this problem.

    BC

    FairMan, Jun 23, 2003
  4. Len Wassenaar

    Dave Guest