    What is the improvement on the pc4800.e board?

    Thanks

    Renan

    Renan Van De Wyngard Sch., Jul 18, 2003

  2. Renan Van De Wyngard Sch.

    Emsee Guest

    (Copied from the 'Difference' thread earlier today)...

    P4C800-E has:
    - CSA-based Gigabit LAN controller rather than 3Com (doesn't clog up PCI
    bus)
    - Intel & Promise RAID controllers (I think -D version just had Promise
    RAID)
    - 4x SATA cables rather than 2
    - 2x SATA power cables (-D version had none)
    - 4-port USB2.0 / Game port & IEEE1394 backplate modules (not sure if these
    came with -D version or not, it's not listed on the specs on the web)
    - Northbridge heatsink has been rotated so it's square with the CPU, giving
    more space for large heatsinks (though apparently this was done on later
    versions of the -D board)

    Emsee, Jul 18, 2003

  3. Renan Van De Wyngard Sch.

    GMAN Guest

    It uses the intel networking chip and uses a direct bus to the rest of the
    system unlike the non E board which uses a slower (to some) 3COM chip that
    uses a PCI connection to the system.

    GMAN, Jul 19, 2003