P4C800E - DDR400 2Mb RAM (4 memory modules)

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Steve Sr., Oct 23, 2003.

  1. Steve Sr.

    Steve Sr. Guest

    I know there has been some discussion on which memory modules are
    qualified to run 4x in dual channel Asus Motherboards.

    I recently bought 2 Crucial CT6464Z40B 512Mb modules for my new
    P4C800E motherboard. Even though these Crucial modules aren't on
    either of the Asus QVLs for DDR 400 RAM I decided to gamble on them
    since the chips would be Micron and these might be the same ones
    listed on the QVL.

    When I received my modules I noticed that they had both a Crucial and
    Micron part numbers on them. The Micron module part number
    (MT16VDDT6464AG-40BC) matched the one on the Asus QVL. The individual
    Chip number (46V32M8TG-5BC) also matched the Asus QVL.

    So it looks like thes modules have been qualified by Asus to run 4x in
    Asus dual channel motherboards. I only bought a pair of modules so I
    can't actually test the theory but if you are looking for 2Mb of dual
    channel RAM this would probably be a good place to start.

    Good Luck,

    Steve

    P.S. Does anyone know if the Crucial modules are a "selected" version
    of Micron's regular modules or just an extra label?

    Steve Sr., Oct 23, 2003

  2. AFAIK, crucial is just a distribution section of Micron Technologies. I´ve 2
    plenty old DDR266 sticks (officially CL 2.5). These babys run flawlessly
    with up to 160 MHz DDR ("PC-320") CL2 in dual channel mode on my Asus P4G8X
    (!!)
    Excellent stuff, really...

    Cya -

    Joachim