    with. Will I gain anything from going to the 1019 rev3 that people say is
    great?

    TIA

    Dave, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Dave

    DaveW Guest

    No! BIOS upgrades are for fixing problems that occur in a given user's
    specific setup. They do NOT offer performance upgrades. If it ain't broke,
    don't fix it.
    Note: You may not be aware that frequently BIOS version upgrades go wrong
    during execution, leaving you with a corrupt BIOS and a dead motherboard.

    DaveW, Oct 26, 2004

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Thank you Dave. I did order a BIOS Savior so there would not be much of
    a chance of making the MoBo not boot. I had heard that the 1019 makes
    the system boot faster.

    Dave, Oct 26, 2004
  4. Dave

    formerprof Guest

    Where are you finding 1019 for the P4C800E-Deluxe? The highest I've been
    able to find is 1018.

    Incidentally, "frequently" for version upgrades that go sour is overstating
    it immensely. I myself have done more than hundred without incident, and I
    think that that is the common experience. Upgrades may not always include
    performance increases (although 1018 in the P4C800E-Dlx does offer CPU
    unlocking), but they do often incorporate bug fixes. Thanks and all good
    wishes.

    formerprof

    formerprof, Oct 26, 2004
  5. Dave

    Dave Guest

    It is on the beta ftp site...

    ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_
    478/INTEL_Chipset/i875p/P4C800-E_Deluxe/

    Dave, Oct 26, 2004
  6. Dave

    Frank Guest

    That's the most misleading statement I've ever heard! I've yet to have a
    bios update go wrong...and updates do effect system performance.
    Just follow the directions.
    FB

    Frank, Oct 26, 2004
  7. Dave

    Jim Guest

    If I am not too wrong, the p4c800e deluxe has a bios repair on the cd or
    disk if a problem happens

    Jim, Oct 26, 2004