    Is this possible? Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as
    setting this up?

    Thank you.

    Steve, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Steve

    Ender Guest

    It is my understanding that the Promise Controller does not support a
    non-RAID IDE or SATA configuration. (Manual page 2-26) You are
    limited to the two IDE connectors and the two SATA connectors on the
    Intel controller for non-RAID disks.

    Regards,

    Ender
    ____
    [____]
    (OIIIIIIO)
    [] []

    Ender, Dec 2, 2004

  3. Steve

    formerprof Guest

    I have an IDE drive attached to the Promise controller on my P4C800E-Dlx
    motherboard. It works fine as an IDE (non-raid) drive. I haven't tried to
    hang a second drive on the cable, but I'm pretty sure it will work. Set the
    Promise controller to "IDE" rather than "RAID" in the BIOS. You still have
    to load the Promise driver. All good wishes.

    formerprof

    formerprof, Dec 2, 2004
  4. Steve

    Michael S. Guest

    Since I have my promise controller turned off in the BIOS and am using the
    IDE channels of the Intel controller, I am uncertain if you have to install
    any drivers, but you would have to turn on the Promise controller in the
    BIOS.

    Could I assume that you have already used up the four IDE's of the Intel
    controller?

    MikeSp

    Michael S., Dec 2, 2004
  5. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Will I have to load the Promise driver to get the OS to even see the Promise
    controller?

    I have it "Enabled" but still see nothing in the Device Manager that shows
    that Windows even sees it.

    Thanks.

    Steve, Dec 2, 2004
  6. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hi Ender,

    Thanks for the reply. This is a bit confusing because after you enable the
    Promise controller in the BIOS there is either a RAID and an IDE setting
    that can be selected.

    Steve

    Steve, Dec 2, 2004
  7. From: "formerprof"
    Is there any benefit to running off the Promise controller as opposed to just
    regular IDE?

    PawsForThought, Dec 2, 2004
  8. Steve

    Steve Guest