    compatible with Promise if I just switch plugs and update the drivers?
    I don't/can't reformat and start again.

    Thanks, Bob

    Bob, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Bob

    GB Guest

    I just built a new system using the P4C800E-Deluxe mainboard also. I
    read a lot of the posting here and decided to go with the Intel RAID
    configuration because from what I understood the Promise chip uses the
    PCI bus and it slower than the path the Intel configuration uses.
    I think you will be better off to stay where you are.

    GB, Feb 26, 2004