    I have built many computers with ASUS motherboards, this is the first time
    anything like this has occured. Can anyone give me any advice? Will clearing
    bios setup help?

    Michael Hobbs, Nov 13, 2004

  2. Michael Hobbs

    Ayoub Guest

    Did you plug in the 12 volt motherboard connector which comes from the PSU?
    Cheers

    Ayoub, Nov 13, 2004

  3. Michael Hobbs

    Mistoffolees Guest

    Need to be quick...but the bios entry key should be
    displayed on the initial Asus splash screen. The
    alternative might be to sit on the DEL key as the
    computer is powered up. Even if it is the wrong key,
    it should trip a POST error leading to the bios setup
    screen. Once in setup, remember to disable the "quick"
    boot and ASUS splash screen options while configuring.

    Mistoffolees, Nov 13, 2004
  4. Yes! and I do sit on the Del key when it starts, or rather tries to.
    Computer will not enter BIOS setup.

    Michael Hobbs, Nov 14, 2004
  5. Michael Hobbs

    John Guest

    Clear the CMOS and start over. Sounds like someone messed with the BIOS
    settings before you got it.

    What kind of keyboard is this? Is it a USB or a PS2 type. Sometimes
    the USB types don't get recognized quickly enough. If so you might want
    to try an older PS2 type. Also, check to see if the fan on the CPU is
    turning. The fact that it is shuting off probably means it is
    overheating. Maybe you did not seat the heatsink properly.

    Let us know if any of this works before we try anything else.

    John, Nov 14, 2004
  6. Michael Hobbs

    KC Computers Guest

    What make and moderl is your power supply? We are a dealer and
    have seen some compatibility problems with some power supplies
    and early verisons of that board.

    KC Computers, Nov 14, 2004