    If the P4P800 supports AGP 8x, why does the manual say to only use
    1.5V cards? Isn't AGP 8x something like 0.8V? I believe the P4C800
    lists both voltages.

    Steve, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Steve

    Darkfalz Guest

    My Geforce FX 8x works fine at 8x with this board. I think most current 8x
    cards still use (or can use) 1.5v.

    Darkfalz, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Steve

    yogi Guest

    I leave most settings on both the P4C and the P4P on auto and have not
    had any issues.
    Cheers

    Product Version: 6.0.545 Release Date: 02/09/2003
    Virus Database: 339 Release Date: 27/11/2003

    yogi, Dec 2, 2003
  4. Steve

    Cliff Guest

    This one still confuses me, so I just had another read of the AGP3.0
    specification.

    The voltage of the card they are referring to is voltage used by the AGP
    connector. These are either 3.3V or 1.5V. 3.3V cards operate according to
    AGP 1.0 specification with speeds of 1x, 2x. 1.5V cards may be operate to
    either AGP 2.0 (1x, 2x, 4x) or AGP 3.0 (4x, 8x) specification.

    The 0.8V that gets mentioned with AGP 3.0 refers to the 'voltage
    signalling' - no the voltage of the AGP connector.

    Table 17 of the AGP 3.0 specification shows that a card may operation in one
    of three modes
    - AGP 3.3V, AGP 1.5V or AGP 3.0 (confusing!) The mode is determined by the
    pins on the card and set upon power up.

    The P4P800 manual states that it supports AGP3.0 and 1.5V modes. That is,
    it supports newer cards (8x cards must be AGP 3.0), and older 1.5V cards
    (i.e AGP 2.0).

    I don't know if that makes things any clearer - the terminology is all mixed
    up and hard to follow.

    Cliff, Dec 2, 2003