P4P800 and bios 1009.006, lost boot from hard disk on VIA raid

Discussion in 'Asus' started by D. Vujaklija, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. D. Vujaklija

    D. Vujaklija Guest

    I have problems with 1009.006 bios.
    Because I have three optical devices my HD drive is connected through
    VIA raid. I didnt setup raid field. On 1st IDE is dvd rom, on 2nd IDE
    are dvd-rw and cd-rw drives. With bios 1008 final no problems at all. I
    can boot from HD without single problems, raid bios is 1.12.
    Yesterday I flashed with asusupdate from 1008 on 1009.006. No flashing
    problems. Everything works fine, my 2.4 goes on default voltage on 3.0
    with fsb 250. Prime95 runs for 4 hours without problems. I have Corsair
    XMS 3200C2 2x512mb memory.
    This morning on boot first I got blank screen, then reboot and boot
    sequence pass through, all drives was recognized, I notice new raid bios
    v1.40, hd drive was also recognized and then message like ...set your
    boot device and reboot or something like that. I went to bios, put speed
    back on default value, load setup defaults, reboot and got same message.
    I tried few times more then reflashed bios with old bios 1008 and
    everything is fine, I got winXP again.
    My suspicions goes on VIA raid, something is not good or maybe it's
    necessary to reinstall XP again (I cant believe in that soultion), or am
    I doing something bad with flashing?
    Funny thing is that immediately after rthe flashing with new bios komp
    works fine whole afternoon, but I didnt try cold boot.
    Sorry for long post.
    Any idea?

    D. Vujaklija, Jul 20, 2003

  2. sorry for you guys having trouble with the new beta.
    I am happy because it starts solving problems for me.
    Before, there was no way havin my G550 without jerky graphics and
    frequent reboots, right now, the machine is absolutely stable with
    1009beta6. However, from using without benchmarking i had the
    suspicion the pc is slower. THis was even more obvious with 1009beta3
    and 4.
    BTW. has anyone of you managed to use the onboard lan without
    problems?
    Armin

    Armin Pfeffer, Jul 21, 2003

  3. I just saw beta 8 is out (8pm today). Puh, that is a very frequent
    relase rate. They seem to be busy putting errors in and out:)

    I gonna test.

    Armin Pfeffer, Jul 21, 2003
  4. D. Vujaklija

    jaeger Guest

    Yes.

    jaeger, Jul 21, 2003
  5. Well, I was not very precise.
    Like discussed in another thread in thi group, the drivers 0.44
    fromweb/cd seem to have a problem under XP with connection resets or
    lost packets or similar. You will not notice this in your lan but I
    noticed it with my DSL connection through the router. Manly the News
    agent had problems. Any other NIC with XP drivers works without
    hickups but not the 3-com

    BTW. running the beta8 bios brings up again the memory speed without
    disturbing my G550
    Armin

    Armin Pfeffer, Jul 21, 2003