    stuff came with the P4P800 motherboard and I know little about it. Can
    anyone shed light on what the issue may be here?

    Thanks

    wheel, Feb 16, 2004

  2. wheel

    Darkfalz Guest

    I'm using the same setup (except I'm still using WMP8) and mine never skips.
    I do occasionally get a popping sound if I set the volumes too high though.

    Remember that the SoundMAX onboard audio is really just a DAC, all the
    actual work is done by your CPU. So if you're doing anything seriously CPU
    intensive, it's possible that might make the sound skip (it's never happened
    to me though).

    Darkfalz, Feb 17, 2004

  3. wheel

    wheel Guest

    Thanks. But, the skipping happens often when the machine is idle.

    wheel, Feb 17, 2004
  4. wheel

    Darkfalz Guest

    Doesn't happen to me. Must be a faulty driver/software/hardware/speakers or
    something.

    Darkfalz, Feb 18, 2004
  5. wheel

    cc Guest

    I have the same problem with the p4p800... anyone know how to fix this?

    cc, Feb 19, 2004
  6. wheel

    wheel Guest

    By running Windows Task Manager I see it's Image Name "System". It goes
    to about 18% for a flash, I get an hourglass, and then it's gone. Really
    ruins the music experience.

    wheel, Feb 22, 2004