P4P800: Bundled WinDVD cannot install?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Ke-vin, Dec 11, 2004.

  1. Ke-vin

    Ke-vin Guest

    Today, I bought a DVD drive and tried to install WinDVD Suite from CD that
    came bundled with my P4P800 motherboard. So far no luck.

    The main setup application just quits when I hit "install..." command. The
    window dissapears without any message, but before that I can browse other
    options to see description of the programs within the suite etc... Just
    installing fails.

    I found WinDVD player's folder on the CD and run setup.exe from there - then
    installation begins but I must type in the serial number. Was there any
    specific serial number for that CD?! Can't remember that, bought it this
    spring. Serial number of the motherboard doesn't work :(

    Has anybody installed successfuly this CD? What is the right procedure? Or
    maybe I can get software update from ASUS / InetrVideo sites (couldn't find
    any, but my transfer is low from home, maybe I will try at work).

    Any help will be greatly appreciated. I can't watch any movies! :(

    Regards,

    Kevin

    Ke-vin, Dec 11, 2004

  2. Ke-vin

    Ke-vin Guest

    OK, solved the problem by myself :)

    Still I don't know why the installer does not start from the main window,
    but I found the right sub-folder with setup.exe and running it starts the
    installation properly (no questions about serial number!).

    Ke-vin

    Ke-vin, Dec 12, 2004